The Pan African Human Rights Summit (PAHRiS) is an initiative of Youth for Human Rights Africa (YoHRA) to support and consolidate the continent’s efforts of Human Rights promotions and the fight against Human Rights abuses. The Summit is an annual event designed to coincide with the celebration of the African Union (AU) Day. PAHRiS gives the youth of Africa an opportunity to reflect, train, interact and network with others to promote their fundamental rights.
The Summit also brings together Human Rights Activists from all over the continent of Africa to discuss the progress that has been made over the years in our respective countries; identify and evaluate the common challenges confronting Human Rights promotions; and determine the way forward and strategies for Human Rights promotions for the year.
Youth for Human Rights Africa” (YoHRA) is a non – Governmental Organization affiliated to Youth For Human Rights International (YHRI) and serves as a medium to promote the observance of fundamental Human Rights in Africa. YoHRA does this through Human Rights Education (local and international Human rights summits and conferences as well as establishing University Campus Chapters and Community based Human Rights projects), Research, Training, Publication, Advocacy and Litigation.
PAHRiS gives participants a platform and an opportunity to;
- be educated on Human Rights and effective and efficient techniques for Human Rights promotion.
- network with other human rights promoters and projects to create social capital and support for the human rights projects of participants.
- challenge Human Rights Ambassadors and Promoters in Africa to become more effective national and continental Human Rights Activists.
- share experiences in Human Rights advocacy and promotions and make other participants aware of their human rights projects.
- train participants in developing and sustaining human rights projects and sharpening their skills for community based Human Rights activism.
For General Enquiries, please contact;
Director of Programmes
Mobile: 055 853 4730 | 030 396 8367
Individuals, groups and organizations who wish to sponsor or partner us should kindly contact us via:
Tel: 055 853 4730/ 030 396 8367